Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Day #15: Be a Man

I am currently wearing a moustache, to get into the man mindset. I'll be honest, I missed it when I took it off (bit sweaty though). Research was minimal: I asked a few people and the responses were 'Jesus', 'Gary Glitter', 'the perfect man' and 'what I'd fancy' amongst others. No... So the brief is, what would you be like if you were a boy? Two people answered sufficiently: one said that she would basically be like her brother looks-wise, and very caring and quite effeminate; the other said that she was thinking about being a boy the other day: "not cos I fancy having a wanger or getting with girls or ought just because it'd be SO MUCH EASIER". Well, quite.
In truth, I wouldn't have that far of a leap. I mean, I retain a certain amount of femininity: I wear dresses (occasionally), make-up, that sort of thing. But I drink pints (much to my big brother's disgust), call my friends foul names and hurl general abuse at them and in my university days, pretty much lived in a pit. So, I reckon I could quite easily adjust (mostly; I don't know if I could quite bring myself to sit around with my hands down my pants as so many men seem to be so fond).

If I were a man, I think that I'd be one of those 'indie twats' (for use of a better phrase), I mean, I could be called such a thing now but it's more difficult to tell - I would be the owner of many a checked shirt, I expect, and skinny jeans (just being realistic). Maybe I'd be a bit of an idiot if I was a boy. My hair would be shaved up the sides and ridiculously feathery on top. And I'd probably be quite disgusting, just, you know, because I could be. I would sport fair amount of stubble, but not a beard, and, well, probably be the lad that uses all the crap chat-up lines on girls because it's funny. Most importantly, I would relish standing up to wee.

Man by girlscoutuplate

NB: These sunglasses were the manliest ones I could find, ok?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...