Sunday, July 10, 2011

My New Favourite Places in London

This week I went to Cafe Boheme, recommended to me as 'louche' by my cousin - after I looked it up in the dictionary I knew I had to go there ( Disreputable or sordid in a rakish or appealing way). It's a fairly small place - one could describe it as cosy - we were a little too close to comfort to the couple beside us trying to eat one another's faces but the atmosphere was good.

I had a crab and avocado salad which was bulked out with a large amount of chicory, but not unpleasantly, and my friend had moules marinière (not bad) with a bottle of wine - twenty quid each wasn't bad for a meal and a bottle of wine. We were also seated next to Rich Fulcher (AKA, Bob Fossil from The Mighty Boosh) which helped the cool credentials.

We went on to Bourne & Hollingsworth for a few cocktails, which may well become a personal favourite. A cocktail bar in the basement, replete with ripped floral wallpaper and the smell of damp (easy to ignore after a few cocktails), it attracts the hipster crowd to some extent. Serving really good cocktails (avg. £7) in teacups and jamjars, with wartime-style pictures on the walls and secret doors and even a DJ, it manages to be both cool and unintimidating. And the tube journey home was more than a little wonky.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...